Facebook channel

Facebook channel

by Shopify

Bring your products to Facebook and Instagram users.

SA Knives

Is there anyone at Shopify who can help me with this app setup and connecting my catalog. Most of my items is disapproved?

August 10, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing in regards to your products getting disapproved. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication to see if I can help you any further.

Adil | Shopify

Green Bee

Sadly this app pulls the data from the Shopify store through to Facebook's commerce manager in a rich text format only, meaning any HTML in the source product description (paragraphs, line breaks etc) is removed and what you are left with is a lump of text with zero formatting which looks awful. Not great when this is meant to be a sales tool.

August 10, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'd like to look into this deeper for you and follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication to see if I can help you any further.

Adil | Shopify

State of Indigo

In a nutshell - it doesn't work for my store which is pretty much a straight outta the box Shopify shop - no reason I can see that it should be so hard. Not meeting Facebook's commerce account requirements, pixel not working, catalog not approved (although i managed to fix this with yet another 3rd party app), marketing not set up. It feels like this app is a red flag to Facebook and their default is to reject Shopify stores on every level. It's unweidly and virtually impossible to make sense of - or to resolve the issues.

August 4, 2021

Hello,

Jack here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.

Cate's Collectibles

After reading some of the reviews here, I am relieved to know it's not just me. I have struggled with this Facebook app for weeks now, trying to fix things and having errors. I'm pretty new to this. After having my FB add run smoothly for several weeks, all of a sudden the IG has an error and I can't fix anything. I am going to delete the whole thing and then in a couple of days, try to start over.

August 4, 2021

tearzup

Too many errors after adding this. Old pixel is still on fb, unable to edit iOS preferences for new pixel. Unable to change the old pixel in running ads.

August 3, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with the pixel. While Shopify support the installation of this, we don't have access to the existing pixel on the Facebook side. That being said, I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further.

Hamelin

August 3, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with pixel. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further.

BJ-Accessories

realmente estoy decepcionada de facebook es una de las plataformas que me encantan mucho pero realmente tengo ya casi dos años batallando con esta aplicacion he gastado mucho dinero para configuraciones y muchas horas de mi tiempo intentando entender un poco como funciona y realmente han hecho todo para que los pequeños negocios online fracasen estas redes son las mas conocidas y por eso uno le toma importancia para instalarse pero en esta situacion lo unico que hacen es destruir las pocas ilusiones que uno tiene. ojala algun dia la mejoren y la hagan mas facil de instalar y manejar o simplemente no unifiquen procesos para evitar que todo lo que esta bien se blokee por culpa de un solo proceso.

Huedee

What went wrong after smooth running of this app for past 1.5 years, this month my catalogue is disconnected and im getting all sorts of errors like ( These events data sources have various errors that prevent them from working correctly.) IN FACEBOOK CATALOG MANAGER
My catalogue dynamic ads have stopped working, my data source for catalogue is through data feed and it automatically keeps updating and causing errors.
THERE ARE SOME PRODUCTS THAT DONT MEET THE CRITERIA, I HAVE DEACTIVATED BUT SOMEHOW IT SHOWS ON MY CATALOGUE IN FACEBOOK. Errors take ages and facebook is helpless and clueless.
HARD CODED PIXEL IN PREFERENCE SECTION OF SHOPIFY WAS SO BETTER. .
SYSTEM USER HAS TAKEN OVER MY FACEBOOK PAGE ROLE AND IT NEVER GOES AWAY WHEN I TRY TO DELETE IT FROM FACEBOOK BUSINESS SETTINGS.
. IS THERE ANY ALTERNATE APP OR SOLUTION SEEKING HELP FROM SHOPIFY OR ANY USER HERE PLEASE HELPPPPPP ! EVERYTIME I CONNECT MY CATALOGUE IT SAYS FACEBOOK AND INSTA SHOP NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION, WELL MY INSTAGRAM SHOPPING IS STILL WORKING FINE AND MY FACEBOOK SHOP HAS VANISHED. .
URGENT HELP NEEDED ELSE I WILL SHIFT TO OTHER PLATFORM, SHOPIFY AND FACEBOOK SUCKS !!!

August 2, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the various issues you've been facing lately. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can do everything I can to help.

Lone Rock Jewelry

A couple months ago I used the Shopify app to set up the Facebook and Instagram stores whereupon FB promptly flagged my store due to not meeting their commerce criteria, whatever that is. They don't make it easy to find out why, either. The process is so convoluted it takes hours hunting down the issues, and nothing has been resolved. My guess is it has to do with the Shopify feed including items that are in draft status, have no inventory, or ineligible (gift certificates, apparently)... so then why are they included??? This is the exact sort of problem I count on an app to avoid. I don't get much traffic from FB anyway, so didn't bother with it again until recently. I contacted FB who provided some guidance. I managed to find and delete the problem items, but they still have my store flagged... I sent them a screen shot showing no issues and asked what to do next. They just resent me the same info as before. After reading other recent reviews, I'm deleting the app... not worth the aggravation.

August 2, 2021

Yourgreatfinds

HORRIBLE experience! I installed, worked real hard to get 10,000 followers on IG, did it and got the swipe up tagging. Had IG working for a few weeks, while FB for about a year. My FB page is older and I have over 45 grand followers. Thought this was a good idea after they invited me to install the app. Sold some things on FB and IG and all of the sudden they disabled the shops and withheld $467 of my money requesting that I prove my identity. I sent all sorts of ID and now they want me to show a phone bill with my website name on it to prove that my phone number is my business's number. I do not have a brick and mortar shop. The phone account is in my personal name and I have two phones and two numbers. One personal, one business. They will not accept that and have put me through hell trying to prove who I am for 7 weeks. Their customer service beyond sucks. I have disconnected this app, written off the money that they basically stole. Do not trust Facebook. If you have a problem too bad for you. I have been selling online 24 years and with Shopify 8 years. This is the worst experience ever. Facebook channel gets thumbs down and their customer service get 5 thumbs down

July 26, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. That certainly does not sound ideal. When it comes to selling on Facebook and Instagram eligibility, that is determined directly by Facebook. In the meantime, I would love to discuss other marketing strategies that could work for your business while you continue to work with Facebook for approval. I will be sending you an email shortly. - Anna, Shopify Support