Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Anyon Design and Atelier

Too much clicking, always a huge process now, used to be fast and barcodes take forever to generate.

June 6, 2019

Hi Anyon Design and Atelier. Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants. I’ve followed up with an email to discuss the workflow of this app with you and hopefully this guide can also help a bit:

Zil boutique

hate it! The one before had much more steps but I loved the label and I designed it my way. I don't like the labels on this application , I can not have them like the previous ones.

June 6, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. This is a current limitation due to the types of labels this app can print at this time.

> Dymo - 30252 Large (1 1/8" x 3 1/2"), maximum of 40 digits
> Dymo - 30336 Small (1" x 2 1/8"), maximum of 22 digits
> Dymo - 30332 Square (1" x 1"), maximum of 6-8 digits
> Dymo - 30299 Price Tag (3/8" x 3/4"), maximum of 8 digits (not available in the United Kingdom)
> Avery Standard - 5160 (2.63" x 1")

We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback like this, so thank you again. I’ve also followed up with an email and will send the feedback to our development team too.

Valia Honolulu

I hate it! This app replaced a much simpler, very consistent app. This one has way more steps to set it up and the printing worked properly only the first time. It tells you what settings to select when printing your labels and it did not print correctly and wasted the already expensive labels. I'm completely frustrated with it. I just want my old app back!

June 6, 2019

Hi Valia Honolulu, firstly, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We’re always looking to improve our apps, and we are working to improve the way they work with stores and what they can offer merchants like you in day to day running of a store.

From your description there might be an issue with the template being used. I’ve also followed up by email to look at this query in more depth and log your feedback with our development team. If you like you can reply to it, and I'll see what can be done. If you have any more recommendations please feel free to reply them there. Thank you again.

Sugar Threads Boutique

This app is terrible. I have set up the correct label size that we use but it resets to something different every time I print a new item. Very time consuming and inefficient to have to manually correct this every time a new item needs printed.

June 6, 2019

Hi there, firstly thank you for sharing this feedback. We’re always looking to improve apps with feedback, and we are working to improve the way our apps work with stores and what they can offer merchants. This might be related to the template you are using for the app. I’ve also followed up with an email to go through this with you in more detail for your store and settings. Thank you.

Rina’s Closet

We find using this app takes way too many steps compared to the previous label printing app. We must say that the only thing we like is that it prints super fast once we hit print.

June 7, 2019

Hi there, thank you for providing us with feedback on Retail Barcode Labels! This kind of feedback can help us improve our apps so I have sent along an email to get more specific information from you. - JP, Shopify Support

Elysian Co.

The new update on the retail barcode label is so much more work than the original and the new label does not visually look as good. This is not as user friendly. We would love if Shopify switched back to the original barcode label printing.

June 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! I'm afraid it's not possible to go back to the old app. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon!

Lillies & Lace Boutique

I do not like the updated version. It takes more steps to get the same end product. Its not efficient

June 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! I apologize that the new app has caused you frustration. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon!

Femi Boutique

Like the rest, if I could give a 'zero' star review I would. Constantly getting an error state when trying to print using this app. When I print without the app, the label printer works just fine, but, when I use the app, I get nada.

June 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback about the Retail Barcode Labels app! I apologize that the new app has caused you frustration but wanted to see if there was anything I can assist with. The apps team at Shopify is always looking for ways to improve the functionality and workflow of our apps, so I’ve reached out to you via email to get more context and to look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon!

Pretty Please on Broad

As heard from every other boutique I follow, its SUCKS ARSE. PAINFUL & TIME CONSUMING. 0 STARS!

Stitch Morgantown

Update 2/4/2020-As if this wasn't a piece of crap app already, there is an additional click to get the labels to print as of today. Come on guys. Let's make improvements instead of making it worse.

If I could give this app 0 stars, I would. I put off installing this as long as possible based on the terrible review in hopes that something would be done to fix it or a decision made to continue the old app. Now assigning and printing barcodes have doubled or more in the amount of time it takes when adding new products. Apps are supposed to help us work smarter, not harder, so someone needs to get on their game and fix this ASAP!