Retail Barcode Labels

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Price: Free

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Brandat Outlet

Location United Arab Emirates

This app literally wasted hundred hours of my work life by simply generating random barcodes for all my existing SKUs. I tried contacting Shopify to see if I can undo the changes and get back my original barcodes but unfortunately it didn't work. am so disappointed. Regret installing this app!

Sanshee

This app is pretty garbage. It is restricted to a limited range of labels from 3 specific brands of labels with specific brands of printers. (conveniently printers you can buy from the Shopify store.) You'd think this thing would be highly optimized for said printers, but I've had so many issues. For example, just today I had the labels just randomly start printing sideways. Like, between print-jobs using the same template, minutes apart. Shopify has a nasty habit of creating apps and then never supporting or improving them, and sadly this is one of them.

September 15, 2022

Hi there, Sanshee. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're sorry to hear that Retail Barcodes hasn't been performing to the standard that you expect from us. We take feedback such as this very seriously, as it helps us improve our product offerings into something folks can enjoy using. Our Product Team is aware of requests for further supported label types and printers, and I'll make sure they see your review here for further proof of the value such features would bring. If you do encounter issues such as the labels changing orientation in the future, please reach out to our Live Team (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) so they can document the issue, and assist with troubleshooting. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Local Route Disc Golf

Time spent using app About 1 year

Very poor app for handling the most important physical function in Shopify. Very disappointing. The poor function and printing of a barcode symbol is a good reason to never use Shopify. We had too many problems to get 20,000 labels working. Always an issue getting the barcode to print properly and read with the proprietary Socket Mobile scanner for Shopify POS. -The Documentation is poor to explain how layout works with "limited formats" and how that interacts with a thermal label printer with a label of a different size. There are so many label sizes. Why have such limits and not allow a standard dimension to be used?
- No warnings for character limits on barcodes. There should be a warning when printing barcodes on labels that might be too narrow and create readable issues in 128.
- No options to enable/disable compression, resizing or automatic "fit to size" within the app. Too much reliant on the print driver to adjust the barcode, when the app should be handling this.
- No options for custom layout , including text wrapping options, font size.
- No option to add a logo to the retail label. We want to add a small corporate logo somewhere on the label for branding.
- the variant and product selection screen is too basic. It should show you the BARCODE field and the fields that the chosen LABEL is using. DUH! You have to "Print Label" to see if all your fields are there. - give us the usable workflow to find the oddball variant that is missing a barcode so we can fix it before printing. - A custom layout that allows you to adjust the height of the barcode with the text fields would make this soo much better. even if it still forces the fields to center. And within the height of a text box, you can enable/disable text wrapping to handle things like a long title. - the Label Template has a custom field for that template. BUT why not offer a "custom field" for the product, so a short title can be used to compensate for a long title that gets cut off the label because of the character limit. ...this app should be way better and more useful and accommodating. We tested identical test data with the Brother pTouch Editor and the same printer and the barcode labels came out beautiful, to the design, and accurately read quickly with the Socket Mobile S700. Verifying the conclusion that this app by Shopify is "trash".

September 7, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to list out the issues you've had with the Retail Barcode Labels app, and I can see why the difficulties you've encountered have made for a frustrating experience when trying to design and print your labels.

Our app development team actively reviews merchant feedback and this helps inform them on where to make improvements for our apps. All of the suggestions you have listed will be passed onto them and we appreciate you writing your review to inform us of the problems you've encountered. -Victor, Shopify Support

GamerGear.cz

Location Czechia
Time spent using app About 2 hours

"A technical problem prevented this page from loading. Reload this page, visit another page in the Retail Barcode Labels app, or try again later."
- shopify 2022

July 11, 2022

Hi, there. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us, and I'm sorry to hear about this error you've encountered. We recommend that you reach out to our Retail Support Team using this link here (https://bit.ly/3ywkAym) so they can investigate this error with you, and find a resolution, so you can access the application as expected. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Cosmica World Boutique

Time spent using app Over 1 year

For some reason it completly quit on me. It show me an error. so i deletd it and try toinstall it again and now the app just doesn't work. doesn't allow me to add it and it show me the error again. this is all crazy. I have no idea what to do. I have lots of labels to make and ths is very frustrated.

May 28, 2022

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! If reinstalling the app didn't resolve the issue, then it's possible that the issue could be related to the cookies settings on your browser. To resolve this, we'd first recommend checking your browser's settings to see if you have enabled cookies (https://bit.ly/3MZBAmE). You can also try using a different browser or device to check whether the issue is localized or system-wide.

If the issue continues to persist, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify app store at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) and log in to your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

WHYTE QUARTZ

I thought this app and using barcodes on my products would be a super easy way to help me sell in person faster during fairs and markets, but just printing literally my very 1st page of barcodes was a disaster! I'm using avery labels and printing from my office jet printer and it doesn't print the description (why?? there's is plenty of room!) I can't print a barcode on my jewelry tags because Shopify doesn't support that label...what? Why? Makes NO sense at all since you're supporting all other avery labels! Shopify support while very nice just said-we don't support it and we don't support my printer (what? My printer works FINE and the barcodes work on the labels I've printed so far. Ugh-just frustrating! I guess you get what you pay for with a free app!

May 20, 2022

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to use your printer or the specific size of Avery label with our Retail Barcode Labels app. We do support some Avery labels, such as the Standard - 5160 and 5167 labels (https://bit.ly/3zG8um4), and you can use a standard desktop printer with these labels. However, we understand that being able to support more printers, label types, and label sizes is important for our merchants and we'd be happy to share your feedback with our development team. Thanks again. -Elias, Shopify Support

tinypeoplewholesale

Location Germany
Time spent using app 34 minutes

The app is terrible to use. I selected a Dymo standard label. The labels on the roll are in landscape format. When creating the template in the app, I could also select it without problems. However, the generated label comes - for whatever reason - in portrait format. I can not change or adjust it. After giving up on that, I chose a square template (Dymo 25x25). Here's the next bit of fun. The barcode is cut off due to the lack of font reduction. No adjustments possible. I use Barcode Man now, works great and you can customize many. Doesn't cost much either.

April 21, 2022

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. We also appreciate you for sharing an alternate recommendation! That being said, if you need to adjust the orientation of the labels, then you can do that by updating the print settings (https://bit.ly/389drKL). We'd also encourage checking our supported label sizes (https://bit.ly/3zG8um4).

If you need any assistance with our app, then we'd be happy to further assist you through a callback, live chat, or emails. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) and log into your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Wild Hide

Location Kuwait

What's the purpose of this app if it's can't show the prices on the label!! I contacted support and they said my store currency is not supported! Why the app only supports certain currencies? Please add all currencies, it's really simple I don't know what's complicated about it

April 4, 2022

Hi there, Wild Hide. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm sorry to hear that our application doesn't support the currency you're using in your store. Do you mind me asking what currency it is that you were hoping to show on your labels? I feel that this is a clear opportunity for improvement for Retail Barcode Labels, so I'm going to pass this feedback along to our development team, so they can look into adding this functionality. Thank you for bringing this to our attention via your review. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Worlds Greatest Llc

Time spent using app About 1 hour

Trying to drop ship and cj dropshipping products dont have barcodes, anything printed on demand doesnt have a barcode, pretty much trying to sell on line is impossible. I tried to make barcodes so i can sell products on walmart using this app and it gave me 8 digit barcodes that do not fit on google, facebook, or ebay. Really misleading and stupid. After 2 hours of trying to figure it out turns out it doesnt work for its intended purpose. They should call it fake barcode labels to keep your store organized. If u need upc codes stay far the fuck away from this app.

March 23, 2022

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. It's important to note that the barcodes generated by the Retail Barcode Labels app are unique to your store, which can be used with Shopify POS or for managing the inventories. However, they wouldn't be considered a valid universal product code (UPC) for Walmart and/or Google Shopping.

In order to get a valid UPC/GTIN, then you or the manufacturer will need to apply to become a part of the system at GS1 (Global Standards Organization) - GS1 manages the assigning of UPCs within the US. If you'd like to learn more about obtaining a UPC, then we've got a detailed guide to help you with that right over here: https://bit.ly/3qu70bm.

If you'd like to receive more assistance for this issue, then please reach out to our Support team who would be happy to help via the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA). Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Victori’Ahh’s Vanity

I was so happy to download this app. After trying out for the 4th times generating barcodes for my cosmetics product, nothing works. I have a QRbot app on my phone to test, only able to scan the barcode numbers without any necessary info shows up of what my product is.

March 20, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for notifying us of this problem. I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so we can authenticate you on the store and take a closer look at this for you. You can contact our support team through this link: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23