Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Shoreline 2

This app is the next step in the world domination by Out of the Sandbox. Why do I say this? Well, to start, they have the very best themes. I've owned two. Second, they have the very best support. Patient, informative, and helpful.

Now, the Theme Updater app solves the single biggest problem for those of us who dig into the CSS and Liquid to modify our themes: It automatically preseves your code changes. The fact that there's a theme updater app in the first place is pretty darned amazing. But I've tried it, and it really works. This app preserves your code changes when updating. (when "updating", it really just downloads an updated copy to your dashboard, so you can double check that all is OK before publishing)

Knowing all this, there's really no reason not to get an OOTSB theme. Great work!

Zendencandles

We purchased the Retina Theme (4.1.5) in April. There have been 2 minor updates since then (to 4.1.7) with a few fixes and features that I wanted to get.

Our storefront (with 4.1.5) was highly customized with special CSS, additional snippets and lots of modified code / liquid changes.

Ran the Theme Updater and was REALLY IMPRESSED - IT WORKED! All (or almost all) of our changes stuck. Now running 4.1.7 with no complications.

Interesting - the only thing that did not get carried forward / updated - were the text and messages in the language file - en.default.json - which was set back to theme defaults - but was easy enough to restore.

The Boutique Rack

Brilliant app, saved me MONEY - I had some custom functionality which I needed on my update, last time I paid $1k to get this done, this time it was FREE

Bluehaveli Com Au

EDIT:
Well what you know,
After posting the review below with a 1 star, I was contacted by support staff with suggestions to fix some of the issues.

And while it is still labor intensive and requiring a full rebuild of home page to upgrade from V1.x to V2, which I just completed in 1 day, I have to acknowledge that the developers are monitoring feedback, actioning issues quite quickly, and I do owe them a Thank You and a 5 stars rating.

----------------------

Disappointing to say the least.
New theme and its updater should have picked our basic front page layout, rather it produced a fully empty frontage that requires full population, and we can not populate to a decent shape.
Banner image overtaking the top bar and the logo, we can not put logo/bar in a clean space over the bar photo, even after hours of trying.
We had nothing special, and your updater should have replicated our front page but it did not.
Why bother?
Sorry if this is hard worded, but we have no time to re-build site with an update that we do not know what more it gives us.

Gripson E Commerce

Theme updates are one of the largest development task requests we receive, not only is it a large costly task it is meticulous and requires thorough checking and testing to ensure the updates are done correctly and without issues.

To be honest, our theme update service is not a job we enjoy doing but realise the value and importance of updates to store owners, we offer this service as we are OOTS partners and also realise the importance to help them.

The ground-breaking new functionality of this app which allows you to bring over customizations to your up to date theme is incredible, to say the least, and is something that now further widens the gap between OOTS and other theme providers.

In order to take advantage of the new functionality you will need to be on Turbo 2.0+, Parallax 3.0+, Retina 4.0+, Mobilia 5.0+ or Responsive 6.0+

Congratulations OOTS, we are actually happy that our theme update service will become obsolete.

You guys rock!!!

Trial Store2

I'm marching around my office beating on an oatmeal cannister like a drum chanting, "THIS IS SO GREAT! THIS IS SO GREAT!"

1like

Very good app! Makes the life easier. Recommend highly Turbo themes too!

Baby Bootique 2

Such a great app. Checking for updates is something I forget to do. Now in the last two months, I have easily updated Baby Bootique's theme twice via this app. I still have a bit of merging work to do because of customizations but if you don't have any custom code in your theme, it's a one click update!

Sin Chew Optics

Makes life easier with this app. Definitely recommended if you use Out of the Sandbox themes.

Although you need to be aware that any custom installations/modifications of the html code will be removed if you update.

So make sure to save and compare.

Merch Nerds

Must have if you run OOTS themes, works great!