Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

BodyHeal

The app itself works okay but the issue is the support from out of the sandbox. They take forever to fix issues. It's now been 3 months since I listed a critical bug. They have been prioritizing it for 3 months and still no fix for the Flex theme.

March 15, 2021

Hello BodyHeal Team!

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Your recent request is being reviewed by our technical team. We'll be in touch with an update as soon as possible!

Soozal

I am pleased I didn't purchase a full year. There was a lot that didn't get converted into the new version starting with the hero background video on the homepage. There was a list of things I would need to manually update, which I don't know how to do and defeats the point in paying for this service.

February 3, 2021

Hi Soozal team,

Thank you for this feedback!

Our app is able to copy over the settings and content configured with the default theme features. It may not be able to include some of the custom modifications made to the theme files. These may be from third-party app installations or custom work added by another developer.

In these cases, the app will list the files that contain third-party work that wasn't able to be moved over to the updated theme so that you can reapply the third-party code manually.

If you are having trouble with some of the default features not transferring over in the update, this is something we can certainly have a look at with you.

Our support team has reached out directly, we look forward to hearing back from your team!

Naturally Boosted

The app is ok .. but Out Of the Sandbox have really taken their foot off the gas. There are almost no updates to FLEX to use this app. FLEX was a premium theme purchased from their own site. I was under the impression that they were a leading developer of themes but we are now having to consider moving to a different theme. If you are going to use this App. ALWAYS take a backup of the site first. It has not any major damage to our site but even the slightest of changes (adding apps, some CSS) can break the process.

January 5, 2021

Hello Naturally Boosted Team,

Thank you for the feedback.

The Theme Updater app will always apply the update to a copy of your theme, it will never directly affect the live theme. When you start the update process, a copy of your theme is created and then updated. This preserves the original, older version so that you can keep it published until you are ready to switch to the updated file.

Our last Flex update was released near the end of November. Our team is working on the next version right now with a focus on performance improvements. We are aiming to have it available within the next two weeks.

Our support team has reached out to your store directly, we're ready to answer any questions you might have!

milkCases

Still 9 templates need to be customized... it just helped with the banner images, so not recommended.

October 2, 2020

Hello milkCases team!

Thanks for the feedback!

Our Theme Updater app provides the time-saving convenience of updating your theme while preserving the settings and content you've configured with the default theme features.

The message you are seeing means that the app has identified some third-party modifications in the theme files that couldn't be automatically included in the update.

The app will try to bring over custom modifications onto the updated version but if those changes conflict with the updated version of the file they will be left out of the update. The app then flags those files so that you can reapply the custom/third-party code manually.

Our support team has reached out to your store directly regarding the update. Please follow up with us if you have any questions!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Pinayapple

I installed the app based on shopify's recommendations but I was not informed that it was not compatible with my theme!! (debut) Now I have been charged for an app that wont work with my store

September 24, 2020

Hello Pinayapple team!

We're sorry about the misunderstanding here.

The app does not support Shopify's Debut theme as it was developed to work with Out of the Sandbox and Pixel Union themes exclusively.

Our Theme Updater app provides a free year trial for newly purchased themes. The year extends from the date the theme was purchased. It doesn't appear that you were charged from our end but we are happy to work with you to sort this out!

Our support team has reached out to your store directly and we're looking forward to hearing back from you! If for some reason you are unable to locate our email you can reach out to our Help Centre directly here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Rockabilia

This app is Useful for untouched customization theme.
Not that much useful for custom changes made with existing theme.

Claribelskincare.com

I see I'm not the only person with disgust about the lack of customer service Out of the Sandbox offers. Beautiful themes, terrible, slow customer service. Not a way to expect people to run an ecommerce business. I forewarn potential customers to stay far away. If you run a day to day ecommerce business, pandemic or not, this is not the right company for you. P.S. I have tried for literally WEEKS to get (Magdalena) answers with no resolve. Shame on you for not supplementing your customer service as well as you've paid attention to your theme design. JQ

Muses Miscellany

Update: I'm upgrading my rating to 2 stars because after writing my original review, tech support helped me update my theme. If it works correctly the next time I try to update, then I'll upgrade it to a three. When the app does work, it works well. (Although the default file name isn't the actual version you're upgrading to, it's whatever version you already have plus the current date. So the UI is oddly inaccurate, which definitely doesn't help if the app hasn't been working correctly so you're already frustrated.)
I used the paid version of this app for awhile and was able to update my theme two or three times. Then in early June it stopped working correctly. I experienced multiple problems just getting to the update screen. Then when I finally was able to get there, the only option I got was to "update" to the theme version I'm currently using (7.0.5). I spent the month in a fruitless back and forth with OOTS tech support to resolve this problem. I tried using this app on three different computers (MacBook Pro, iMac, HP laptop) and five different browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE). I gave OOTS tech support access to my Shopify account to try to fix the problem, and after a cursory go at it, they suggested that I upgrade my OS and browser to the most recent version. So I did that, even though it might have meant that some of my software and printer might no longer work. And guess what? Problem not solved. At that point, they finally admitted that they were having some problems with the Theme Updater app and browser cookies. They said they hoped to have it resolved soon. It still wasn't working by early August, so I uninstalled the app. Now that it's the end of Sept., I decided to try it again in the hopes of being able to finally update my theme. But nope, same problem. The fact that I actually paid for several months of this app without being able to use it is ridiculous. And that it still doesn't work is more ridiculous. As much as I sometimes hate cable/internet companies, at least when your service isn't working they refund your money. Not so with OOTS.

Bunbury

Like many others not happy this app is going from free to paid with no details on how to avoid being charged. This app never worked for me due to my custom code.

Meraki Journey

We have used this app once and it worked well but it just sits there majority of the year. Now that they are charging $9/month for this app we will be deleting it. This isnt something constantly used that we can justify paying them for especially for something that should be free with the theme.

Previous 1